Lingerie is a term for women's fashion undergarments (also called "underwear", "underpants," or "panties") and is a type of clothes. It derives from the French word 'lin' for linen. While the term in the French language applies to all undergarments for either sex, in English it is applied only to those women's undergarments designed to be visually appealing or erotic, typically incorporating materials such as lace and silk, and not applied to functional cotton undergarments like White Cottons.
ES: Lenceria femenina.
Typology of Erotic Lingerie
- Babydoll, intended as sexy nightwear for women.
- Basque, a tight, form-fitting bodice or coat
- Bodystocking, a unitard.
- Bodysuit, a leotard-like undergarment, usually skintight or formfitting.
- Boy shorts, a style of panties, so named for their resemblance to male shorts.
- Brassiere or Bra (ES: Sujetador)
- Camisole, sleeveless and tight fitting, covering the top part of the body
- Corset by bone, a bodice worn to mold and shape the torso.
- Corselet = Brassiere + Girdle
- Corsage by elastic, covering the body from the neck to the waist, similar to a corset.
- French maid, a form of ladies' fantasywear
- G-String/Thong, a narrow piece of cloth passes between the buttocks, and is attached to a band around the hips, worn as a bikini bottom or as underwear by both men and women. (ES: Tanga)
- Garter belt (British: Suspender belt), used to keep stockings up (ES: Liguero)
- Garter, a elastic band on thigh to hold up stocking
- Girdle, resembles a tight pair of athletic shorts
- Granny panties
- Merry widow
- Nightgown or Nightie, a loosely hanging item of nightwear, may vary from hip-length (babydoll) to floor-length (peignoir).
- Tap Pants
Fetish oriented Lingerie